Program of Chinese Government Scholarship Awarded by the Institution
Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology (hereinafter referred to as HIT), with science, engineering and research as its core, encompassing management and liberal arts, has developed into an open, scientific research and multi-disciplinary nationally famous university. Today, HIT is one of the top nine key universities in China. The HIT faculty has enormous potential numbering over 3,000, including 22 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and/or the Chinese Academy of Engineering and more than 500 doctoral supervisors. As one of the key universities in China, which enjoys the Chinese Government Scholarship for International students, HIT also offers "HIT Scholarship" for those outstanding young foreign students. HIT is located in Harbin, which is famous for ice lantern and snow sculpture.
⊙Undergraduate students: CNY 1,400 Yuan
⊙Master degree students: CNY 1,700 Yuan
⊙Doctoral degree students: CNY 2,000 Yuan
CNY 1,500 of one-off settlement subsidy is for new student after registration.
- Application Documents
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (printed by CSC), one original and one photocopy, in Chinese or in English.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they should also provide documents of being university students or on-post employees. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
3. Applicants for undergraduate studies are required to provide notarized copy of senior high school transcripts. Applicants for other categories of studies also need to provide relevant notarized transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 200 words for undergraduates, no less than 400 words for scholars, no less than 500 words for postgraduates).
5. Applicants overseas for master or doctoral degree studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
6. Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
7.Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
The materials mentioned above should be submitted to the ISC of HIT before May 20, 2011 by applicants, and not returned.